Monforthaus – Feldkirch Austria
Located on the edge of the medieval town of Feldkirch, below the impressive Schattenburg castle, the newly built Montforthaus has been impressing visitors since 2015.
The original building, dating from 1926, was completely burned down by a ball lightning strike in 1973.
The architects selected in an international architectural competition were the Berlin-based firm Hascher Jehle Architektur in collaboration with the Bludenz-based architectural firm Mitiska Wäger.
The new Montforthaus is a multifunctional house of culture, and its sculptural and flowing building contours merge with the three adjacent inner-city squares to form a large-scale outdoor space with flowing transitions.